Are you looking to establish a marijuana dispensary in Colorado? Those who are looking to open Colorado marijuana dispensaries must understand that there are certain steps involved and certain requirements that one has to meet before he can be successful in his venture. One of the most important things that a person must keep in mind is that he needs to obtain a marijuana dispensary permit before he can proceed further. Given below is an overview of the steps that a person must take at the time of acquiring a permit to open a dispensary.
- The first step is the application form. The application form must be completed and submitted with all the necessary documents to the City Clerk’s office.
- There are certain locations only where a dispensary can be established. For this reason, it is important to contact the relevant authority and verify whether or not the location of your interest Grand Rapids Marijuana Dispensary meets their requirements.
- When you make an application, you will also need to submit your fingerprints as well as for all primary care givers. You can make an appointment at the City Clerks’ office and get the fingerprints taken.
- Another important thing is the criminal background of the applicant. The police department will conduct a criminal background history and will also verify that all the details contained in the application form are correct and complete.
- You may also be required to obtain a Sign Permit is it is proposed. Moreover, the sign you choose to place shall comply with the rules of the municipal code and must not contain any images of a marijuana plant or the word marijuana itself.
- As an applicant, it is also important to obtain business and sales tax license.
- Once you have made an application, it will be reviewed by the City Manager and a decision will be made within 30 days. Sometimes, the review process may take long if the investigation period has been extended. Once the review process has been completed, you will be notified and a copy of the decision will be mailed to you.